Open to the Public
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Librarian support for how to use legal research tools
- Access to sources of federal law, including statutes and cases
- Help locating a particular statute or case when you have a specific reference or citation
- Materials containing forms and court rules
- Materials containing expert analysis of federal legal subject areas
- Librarian recommendations for sources to begin your research
- Public Wi-Fi, copier, scanner and study spaces available
James M. Fitzgerald Courthouse
222 W. Seventh Ave., Room 181
Anchorage, AK 99513
The library is located on the first floor of the Fitzgerald courthouse in Room 181, which is across from courtrooms 5 and 6. The library’s entrance is off the first floor secure hallway running west and is also an endpoint of the first floor public hallway. You will need a valid U.S. government issued identification card (federal or state) to enter the courthouse.
Supporting Circuit, District, and Bankruptcy Courts in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, Ketchikan